8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger is the first game released by brand-new game developers Buck Stakes Entertainment and can be found on the Microgaming site. 8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger uses the Megaways mechanic from Big Time Gaming and features an all-female crew.
The HTML 5 format means slot is playable across all devices, with no loss of detail or functionality. 8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger has a classic feel to it, with the low-pay symbols are the royals ten through ace. The high-pay symbols are five sexy female pirate characters: yellow, blue, green, red, and purple, with the purple pirate having the highest payout.
The background for online slot is a misty ocean view with an island. The pirates mostly appear to be either on a tropical island or on the ship. There are also treasure chests - the mystery symbol, diamonds - the scatter symbol, and golden skulls - the firepot symbol.
Read also: Pirates 2: Mutiny
The slot music is an upbeat pirate-esque theme that’s fun without being annoying. Land four firepots and the skulls will laugh and give you a “shiver me timbers” line.
The gameplay is where slot really shines. The six reels will randomly show between two and seven symbols. This is the mega ways feature, where if all six reels display seven symbols, there are 117,649 ways to win.
8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger is a highly volatile game and has an RTP of 96.86%, which is notable. The maximum win is 19,000x the stake. This is not a game for wallflowers or snowflakes, slot is here to PLAY, and you’d better be, too. The betting range is from 0.20 to 20.00 per spin, and there are autoplay and quick spin functions for the lazy and or impatient player.
- The 8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger mega ways mechanic is described above, wherein random numbers of symbols appear on each reel, changing the number of ways with each spin.
- The Firepot feature is triggered by landing at least three flaming skull firepot symbols. You can land up to eight firepots, and they award from 1.5x to 2,000x the stake, depending on the number.
- The Rolling Reels feature occurs whenever you land a winning combination. The winning symbols drop out to be replaced by new symbols, and this continues as long as winning combos continue to land.
- The Mystery Symbols feature is a treasure chest that disappears to reveal any other symbol aside from the scatter. Not really a wild, more like a surprise.
- The Free Spins feature starts by landing four scatter symbols, which are diamonds. You get two additional free spins for every scatter you land, and then you spin the bonus wheel. Free spins can be retriggered indefinitely, as long as you land at least three scatters.
- The Bonus Wheel has different multipliers and free spins, and these are added to whatever you won in the base game.
8 Golden Skulls of Holly Roger might be the longest title we’ve ever seen, but don’t let that dissuade you from giving it a try. This is an old-school slot with lots of features and high volatility. The RTP is impressive and higher than most slots.
Read also: Pirate’s Charm
For players looking for excitement, volatile spins with lots of action, and who enjoy a pirate theme - and who doesn’t? - Slot brings a lot to the table, especially for a debut release from an essentially unknown developer.