Carnaval Jackpot is an updated sequel of an earlier video slot called Carnaval, initially released in 2015. This new version comes from the exclusive partnership between Pulse 8 Studios, which prides itself on diverse and progressive games, and Microgaming, a leader in online casino gaming.
Video Carnaval Jackpot™ – Microgaming
Carnaval Jackpot is visually gorgeous, with a rich purple background and lots of vibrant colours. The background music is a catchy South American Carnival-type sound that we really liked. When you land a scatter on reels 1, 2, or 3, a drumroll starts up while you wait to see if you can land that third scatter.
This wait is already suspenseful, and the drumroll adds nicely to the tension. Wins will garner you some cheering and applause, and big wins set off the air horn.
Carnaval Jackpot is a 5×3 reel slot game with nine paylines. Bets begin at 0.27 and go as high as 54.00. The RTP is 96.04%, and the maximum win is 4,000x the stake. The volatility is medium.
We played Carnaval Jackpot for a long time before landing three scatter symbols. This meant that the game dragged on for a while, and we were using the autoplay feature quite a bit while we held our breath every time the drumroll started up for that elusive third scatter symbol. The slot low-pay symbols are the royals.
Read also: Carnaval Forever
The higher paying symbols: clown, dancer, flag, trumpet, and Carnaval game logo, are visually striking, with the Carnaval Jackpot game logo having the biggest payout.
Carnaval Jackpot also has the following special symbols and features:
- Wilds - beautiful symbols with colourful feathers; these appear only on reels 2, 3, and 4 and can substitute for all symbols except for scatters to complete a winning combination.
- Scatters - these are lovely gold embossed symbols. There are no free spins in Carnaval Jackpot, but these scatters create their own winning patterns and act as multipliers for the stake (see below). In addition to this, they stick and trigger Jackpot Respins.
- Jackpot Respins - the reels continue to respin with only blanks or scatters until no more scatters land or the maximum number of 15 scatters is reached. This is the top Jackpot and pays out 4,000x the stake. If you land less than 15 scatters, then you’re paid out based on the number of scatters that did land.
Carnaval Jackpot Guaranteed Scatter Jackpots:
- Three scatters - 10x the stake
- Four scatters - 14x the stake
- Five scatters - 24x the stake.
You will also win whatever paylines you’ve landed before the scatters are added up, and the Jackpot Respins begin. This Carnaval Jackpot feature makes the scatters, without question, the most exciting and lucrative part of the game, if only they landed more often.
We really wanted to like Carnaval Jackpot more than we actually did. It’s bright, colourful, and it feels like it should be fun. However, the entire game feels like you’re just waiting for scatters to land - and you are - and this doesn’t happen often enough to keep it exciting. The base game is ok and can keep you afloat while you wait for scatters to land, but either higher volatility or more special features such as free spins would have made this more of a thrill ride and kept us playing longer.
Having said that, the medium volatility of slot means that players with low-risk tolerance will likely enjoy this, especially if they’re fans of the Carnival-type music and the bright, colourful theme.