House of Doom 2: The Crypt is a 5×3 video slot with 20 paylines released March 11, 2021. House of Doom 2: The Crypt is a sequel to House of Doom by the same developer, Play’n GO. The update and the original are based on the song of the same name by the Swedish doom metal band Candlemass.
The design of House of Doom 2: The Crypt is heavy metal goth, with the Candlemass song playing in the background, dark colours, and images of spiky skulls, flowers, candles, and daggers. Fans of this genre will enjoy the overall mood and sound, but if doom metal and dark imagery aren’t your thing, slot might not be the game for you.
There are three different Spirit Wilds in slot, and these affect the bonus features in the base game, the music, and the free spin feature: The Queen of the Damned, Fire Priestess, and Metal Priestess. All of these manage to be attractively dark and evil-looking. Each time you win Free Spins or Crypt Spins, a new Spirit Wild will take over the base game, changing the features.
House of Doom 2: The Crypt is a highly volatile slot, with a pretty average Return to Player (RTP) of 96.25%. The high volatility means you need to stay on your toes as you can lose as quickly as you win. We landed free spins and then crypt spins almost immediately upon starting to play. We weren’t quite sure what was happening yet, but it sure was exciting.
Read also: House of Doom
The low-pay symbols are gothic-looking royals. The high-pay symbols are the skull, nightshade, candles, and daggers. The House of Doom 2: The Crypt Wilds are described below, and the Scatters are crypt symbols. The betting span is between 0.20 and 100.00, and the maximum win is 6,000x the stake, which means that slot has enough variety for whatever level of player you are.
The Spirit Wilds and unique features of slot:
- The Queen of the Damned triggers spirit gates across all reels.
- Fire Priestess is a multiplier symbol, adding 2x, 3x, 4x, or 10x to your win.
- Metal Priestess converts all the high pay symbols on the reels into skulls - which are the highest pay symbol.
- The Spirit of Unity awards all three Spirit bonuses at once. She’s only available during Crypt Spins.
- The crypt symbol is the scatter, and as expected, you need to land three of these to trigger free spins. The Spirit Gate will upgrade the scatter, and if you land three upgraded scatters, it triggers Crypt Spins.
- Spirit Gates are triggered randomly, and if you land a wild in the spirit gate reel, it will trigger a respin, along with the bonus linked to that Spirit described above.
House of Doom 2: The Crypt is a game worth checking out, especially if you’re a fan of gothic, doom metal themes and imagery. We enjoyed how different slot felt compared to other video slots. The imagery is compelling, the change in Spirit Wilds keeps things interesting, and the music is great if you like metal.
House of Doom 2: The Crypt is a step up from the original while maintaining the overall look and feel. The gameplay and features are terrific. If you don’t hate this theme, we recommend it.