Tropical Wilds is a new release on the Microgaming platform. The game developer is Rabcat-Gambling, located in Vienna, Austria. Rabcat was established in 2001 and also has a GameArt studio that is separate from its Gambling studio.
Tropical Wilds' prominent features are the wilds, whose mechanics are different enough to make this game stand out from the usual fare.
Tropical Wilds is a charming and well-thought-out game complete with a back story involving five legendary lost artifacts - mystery boxes containing the powers of the 5 Great Tiki. The colours are bright and fun, and the game characters are cartoony and adorable.
The music in Tropical Wilds is a lively tropical melody that enhances the upbeat feel of the game. It reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine, which is such a great, loveable game, and I'm sure that's the intention.
Read also: TikiPop
The Tropical Wilds background is bright and cheerful with a clear blue sky, dark blue water, swaying palm trees, and some smouldering volcanos in the background.
The Tropical Wilds graphics are marvellous, with every payline producing a cute animation from the characters. The wilds all have different personalities that match their effects; I especially loved the Outburst wilds with their angry tantrums. The free spins feature causes the whole background to come alive with island characters dancing to salsa-type music.
- Tropical Wilds is a 5 x 3 reel video slot with 25 paylines.
- RTP is a bit above average at 96.47%, and the volatility is medium.
- The maximum win is 3,000x the bet.
- The betting range is more significant than most, with a minimum bet of 0.25 and a maximum bet of 75.00.
- Tropical Wilds is playable across all devices with no change in quality.
- The autoplay has an infinity feature, which is handy if you want to sit back and watch for a bit.
The Tropical Wilds low pay symbols are the royals, Jack through Ace, this time with a stone-age coin feel. The high pay symbols are delightful tropical characters with a gecko, a hermit crab, a toucan, a sea turtle, and a venus fly trap that manages to look friendly rather than menacing.
The special symbols in slot are the wilds and the free spin symbol - an erupting volcano. If 3 Free spin scatters land, then a wild is chosen from one of the mystery boxes, and you get six free spins with the bonus that pertains to that particular wild.
The wilds in Tropical Wilds are the mysterious boxes from the back story, and there are five types:
- The regular wild, strictly a substitute for other symbols, no extra bonuses.
- Boost wilds, which are multiplier wilds of x2, x3, and x4, depending on how many land on the reels.
- Outburst wilds, these wilds angrily replicate themselves to increase the chances of winning.
- Pathfinder wilds, land two or more of these, and they will turn all the symbols between them into wilds.
- Tornado wilds, these fun wilds move around on the reels over the next couple of spins, hopefully helping land a win.
Tropical Wilds is a delightful, even silly game that is fun to play. It has enough volatility and RTP to make the gambling worthwhile as well, with a reasonable chance for some respectable wins. I love that they have a whole back story to this and that there is so much variety in the wilds, making it entertaining even to watch.
Read also: Easter Island 2
I highly recommend slot for the fun and entertaining gameplay, the decent wins, and the thoroughly enjoyable graphics.