Gaming company Quickspin has done been doing this for years and this game is no different - bringing their fans on a trip through Ancient Egypt. It’s a common theme with previous Egyptian themed titles providing little results, but their latest - Golden Glyph - shows plenty of promise.
Video Golden Glyph™ – Quickspin
Packed with plenty of features, the seven by seven grid is ample of fun and excitement. There are all kinds of mystical power-ups, power wilds, modifiers, and more. One other distinct feature of this game is also winning combinations are formed when icons land in groups rather than land on specific pay lines.
Not only that, but Golden Glyph employs tumbling reels which, when you form a cluster, can lead to consecutive wins from a single spin. This particular mechanic is seen in many video slots and the larger grid complements this mechanic well.
The graphics overall are incredible as well. From the sound effects to the overall design, it sucks you into a world filled with mysticism and wonder. You truly feel like you’re in Ancient Egypt!
First feature of this game is the power wilds. Appearing in an empty space once you get a cluster win, this forms the starts of you receiving a power-up. The catch to this mechanic is you only get one per tumble, but it can activate one of the five power-ups.
So what do these power-ups do? First, all the powers obtained are generated randomly. So it’ll be a surprise every time. But you’re not left entirely in the dark.
You will get an idea of what they are via a golden wheel that appears on the left side of the grid. The other thing to note is that when a winning cluster has a power wild in it, it triggers three bonuses at once.
Here is a list of those power-ups:
- Free Spin - It’s standard in any slots game. It’s one free spin.
- Golden Scarab - As low as four and as high as 10 wilds are randomly placed on the grid.
- Eye of Horus - A random low pay symbol - along with any other identical symbols - vanish. You get a modified 1/20th for every symbol removed this way. A tumble is also triggered.
- Blaze of Fire - Similar to the Eye of Horus, you get 1/20th for every symbol removed this way. The only difference is that Blaze of Fire appears somewhere on the grid and removes all base game symbols along the x and y axis.
- Free Spins - An improved bonus from the typical free spin. In this, you get nine free spins.
Other features of Golden Glyph to take note of all occur while you’re in free spin mode. In that mode, there are certain stipulations and perks.
- First, you can’t re-trigger free spins. But, if you activate more free spins during that round, you’ll be granted three more every time.
- Second, as soon as you enter your first free spin of the round, there will be a Golden Glyph Wild placed randomly within the grid.
- The Golden Glyph is the games money making engine for players.
- Thirdly, the Golden Glyph serves as both a multiplier and as a wild. Every time it’s part of a cluster that wins, that multiplier goes up by one.
The Golden Glyph also jumps around the board. Because of this behaviour, it’s possible for you to win the video slot with the assistance of this mechanic.
It has a great blend of graphics, gameplay and exciting payouts that this is considered one of the best Egyptian themed slots around. The chain of events is where players get the most excited.
Unlike previous Egyptian themed slots, this one should be considered the golden standard for these kinds of slots. It’s a game well built.